Window switching killing programs

Michael Gersten michael at stb.uucp
Thu Feb 1 17:39:23 AEST 1990

In article <13571 at cbnews.ATT.COM> res at cbnews.ATT.COM  writes:
:In article <1990Jan28.174303.3448 at stb.uucp> I wrote
:>[ Discussion about window switching flushing typeahead. One person
:>  suggested using viraw in ksh. ]
:>
:>This does not help other programs. In general, is there a way to avoid
:>flushing input AND OUTPUT queues when SIGWIND occurs (which seems to
:>be when it happens).
:
:The underlying reason I believe this is the way it is, is that there is only
:one set of clists for the keyboard, not one per window.  If the window
:manager left the keyboard buffer intact, then input destined for one window
:would be read by the next, as soon as you typed a return in the new window.

There is a simple solution to this. Maintain one set of clists per window.

The manual says that typeahead is not flushed when you switch windows,
but is kept around for that window to read. So the manual implies
seperated input queues.

Alas, now that the new fixdisk is out, we'll have to wait another year
to fix this :-)
			Michael

--
		Michael
denwa!stb!michael anes.ucla.edu!stb!michael