Daylight Savings Time

Duncan Gibson drg at rlvd.UUCP
Wed Dec 18 01:23:42 AEST 1985

Last year I did some work with the "Newcastle Connection" between two
machines connected by a Cambridge Ring LAN. Both were V7 systems, but one
was based on the standard Bell sources, and the other from an EUUG
distribution for small machines (it was for an 11/23). One system took
"British Summer Time" (BST) into account, and the other ran GMT. I can
remember being incredibly confused when I copied a file from one machine
to the other and did an 'ls -l' on it only to find that it wasn't due for
creation for another hour (:-))

--
UUCP: ..!ukc!rlvd![rlvc!]drg	ARPA: drg%rl.vc at ucl.cs	JANET:	drg at rl.vc